Sample resume for a social media manager
These resume writing tips for a social media manager will get you plenty of shares and likes.
Are you a social media maven? Spin that experience into a powerful resume that will connect you to your next social media job. View the sample resume below, and download the social media manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Social Media Manager Resume Sample
Barbara Ann Jones
(516) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL | Facebook URL
MyPortfolio.com | Blog | Twitter Handle | Instagram URL | Link to download text and PDF resumes
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media campaigns. Work closely with clients to develop and execute a proactive, social content calendar, managing all phases digital marketing initiatives from concept through delivery and optimization.
Partial List of Tools (full list available at myportfolio.com)
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Tumblr
- Platforms, tools and analytics: Sprinklr, Salesforce Radian6, SocialOomph, Hootsuite, WordPress, LinkedIn Publishing, Live Writer, Bit.ly, Google Analytics, Clicky, Mint, KISSmetrics
- Software: Camtasia, Audacity, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office Suite
- PR/reporting tools: PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO), PitchEngine
XYZ ASSOCIATES, Sometown, NY | PR firm serving businesses in the greater NY area
Social Media Manager, 2014 to Present
Partner with NYC-based businesses to design and execute social media strategies. Push each brand’s boundaries to effectively leverage social media and digital networks.
Develop and manage online marketing campaigns for diverse industry clients, driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic. Examples:
- ABC Co: Launched ShareAStory campaign, generating 250,000 Twitter mentions.
- DEF Co: Created MyTime campaign and associated hashtag that garnered 10,000 posts across all social networks.
- GHI Co: Implemented SavetheShow campaign following cancellation of XYZ Show, sparking major fan support on social media and leading to the show’s season 3 renewal.
- JKL Co: Introduced Snapchat channel, contributing to company’s goal of appealing to younger demographic. Gained 150,000 followers within three months.
- MNO Co: Led cross-channel marketing strategy using Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and radio spots to create excitement for product launch; exceeded sales projections by 26%.
Action Group, Sometown, NY | Full-service ad agency
Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Executive, 2010 to 2014
Promoted to senior AE role, overseeing licensee management for Top Broadcasting Co. Drove a 100% increase in revenue within 3 years, resulting in annual sales of $80M.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Minor in Communication Studies
Social Media Manager Cover Letter
A cover letter is not simply a job application, but it is a short and direct letter, which will always accompany your resume, portfolio, and a few other application documents that you will send to the employer. You will be usually applying for a specific job, which has been advertised or you will market yourself for the possible future work. Either ways, your cover letter should always aim for the following:
- Introducing you
- Highlighting your important selling points (achievements, skills, and experience)
- Encouraging the reader for discovering more about you from your resume
- Finishing with a call of action in your letter i.e. requesting for interview or a possible meeting for discussing the work
The main aim of your cover letter should always be to make it as personal as you can. This means that you will have to address your cover letter to an actual person and not to "whom it may concern," and to a specific job. Always avoid the temptation of sending out a generic cover letter.
This will definitely mean that you will have to put some extra effort. You might have to call up the organization and find out whom the letter needs to be addressed. Take some time out and do some research on the organization, so that your letter looks more relevant to a specific organization and specific job.
While applying for the job of social media manager, you will have to demonstrate to the employer, that you perfectly understand the requirements of the job and can do this job. Therefore, you will have to include your skills and experience, which will rightly match with the job description. In addition, you will have to show some level of enthusiasm and carry a positive attitude in the entire hiring process.
Read-on to find an example of social media manager cover letter. You can review this letter to guide you further.
1741 Clousson Road.
Carroll, IA 51401
December 23, 2011
Ms. Laura Sandoval
Best Media Solutions
635 Jadewood Farms
Haledon, NJ 7508
Dear Ms. Sandoval,
I wish to apply for the position of social media manager with your organization, which is advertised on www.indeed.com today morning. I am capable of handling all the social media needs. I have attached my resume for your further review.
Although, social media is a new topic in the world of online marketing, it is the only subject that I have been implementing and studying since the last four years. I have achieved a degree in Computer Science, and have been working as a SEM/SEO manager for one of the most high profile companies in New York, since the last ten years. During that time, I have become well versed with every topic in the stream of social media marketing, and since then have taken over the branch of marketing for each client in our organization. You are looking for someone who has the ability to get social media profile up and running, and knows how to get maximum success for the site of client to make it visible. I have been handling hundreds of clients, which can easily recommend me for this task.
If you wish to know more about me and what I have been doing in detail, then you can get in touch with me; you can easily reach me at 712-830-3236 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for considering my application today.
Now, that you know how you need to write your cover letter. Wait no more, go ahead and start penning down your abilities. However, remember to keep it personal. All the best!